atp870u.o module?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri May 21 02:23:51 UTC 2004

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> One of the servers I have has a SCSI card that's supported by atp870u.o
> in kernel 2.4.
>
> I see that the kernel 2.6 source RPM does have the source code for the
> driver, but it appears that it does not get built in the binary kernel
> RPMs. Looks like that this card is no longer supported.
>
> Flame deleted.

I am glad you had the sense to delete your flame, but it is useless to
complain here.  You need to talk to upstream about this.  Unfortunately
even complaining upstream probably wont be effective either unless you
have something to contribute.

There are many other SCSI devices unsupported or broken in the upstream
2.6 kernel.  In some cases Fedora volunteers and RH people have spent
some time in fixing them (like Markus Lidel fixing I2O before FC2, or
Alan Cox currently working on aacraid for upstream.)  Other people with
hardware, and the fire within their heart to make it work, is the only
way this will work for any 2.6 kernel distribution.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com