x86_64 fc2 release : Adaptec AIC79XX : DV failed to configure device

yeti fedora at birch.pointclark.net
Fri May 21 13:38:15 UTC 2004

I had similar problem - same error messages anyway - with a big Sun Raid
box. It turned out that I'd stuffed up on the configuration of the raid box,
and not mapped a SCSI Logical Unit Number for the logical disk on the
channel that the host was talking to. I accidentally fixed that, and the
problem went away. My interpretation of the "DV failed to configure device"
message is that no devices were found.

Coincidentally, it was an Ultra320 controller, and the raid box could only
talk at 160 MHz. This can be set in the <CNTL-A> SCSI configuration.

Good luck!
Yeti.