K3b ?

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sat May 22 13:34:43 UTC 2004

jim tate wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> Fred New wrote:

>>> Is there some reason you aren't using the k3b on the FC2 CDs?  There is
>>> also some mention of k3b in the release notes.
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>

>> I installed and tested K3B that is provided on the FC2 installation. I
>> selected it on install.
>>
>> I burned a DVD on it. (My first) and it worked for creating a DVD
>> image.  The program loaded kind of slow, but it is a great program.
>>
>> I ran the program in gnome, if that makes any difference in the
>> application speed.
>>
>> Jim
>

> I used the one off disk2 and it work fine, I did not know it was there.
> And what puzzeles me, why is it I installed everything but the server apps.
> why didn't it install ?
>
> Thanks
> Jim Tate

I did a server install on one machine and then selected additional
packages from all the groups that I chose. (Basically everything). On
another machine, I chose a workstation installation and modified the
groups to include k3b, mozilla mail, mc, lynx and a host of other packages.
I haven't done an everything install since RHL 6.x because of an
"everything" installation seeming to include a lot of language packages.
When updating, it caused a lot of extra downloading related to kde's
foreign language rpms.
I guess everything is not "everything". ... If this is different than a
usual "everything" install selection, I guess it is a bug.

Jim