gdb looks for debug versions of libraries

Rob Shewan rshewan at lio.aacisd.com
Thu May 27 20:45:32 UTC 2004

I am attempting to use KDevelop under FC2T3. I have googled this to
death, examined release notes and so on.

I did find a Redhat note that warns about the lack of debug libraries
but I guess I'm in denial regarding the requirement to get the source
for each of the libraries and build debug versions.

gdb on the run command attempts to locate libraries built with debug
information (see attached). gdb executed from the command line produces
the error output and the human (me) ignores it and the debug session
continues. KDbg ignores the errors as well but, KDevelop does not.
KDevelop stops the debug session in its tracks (at least this is what I
can understand from the interface).

Are libraries available in the FC2* distribution that contain debug
information?

Rob Shewan
Advanced Acoustic Concepts