Problems with rndc and named, bind-9.2.3-13

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 07:57:11 UTC 2004

I figured it out. my /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key was empty and I needed to
copy /etc/rndc.key to replace it (installed by the caching-nameserver package)

Command:
(/var/named/chroot/etc)> cp /etc/rndc.key .

I hope that helps. If you have bind-chroot package installed, then the rndc.key
named uses isn't in the /etc/rndc.key but is in /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key

Thanks to anduin and DA-MAN on irc.redhat.com #fedora for assistance and many
others.

:-)