vmware 4.51, FC2T3 [x86_64] - had had anyone success?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat May 29 20:34:30 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 17.05.2004 schrieb Phil Schaffner um 21:32:
> > On google I found vmware-any-any-update67, but no hint how to install
> > it. And it seems to be for the i386 arch.
>
> Unpack the archive and run runme.pl.  I'd do something like:
>
>   # tar zxvf vmware-any-any-update67.tar.gz -C /usr/local/src
>   # cd  /usr/local/src/vmware-any-any-update67
>   # ./runme.pl

Sorry for my late answer but I couldn't spent any time to VMware during
past days.

I followed your advice and I could compile and install VMware. But when
I start it, there is a message "This version of the Linux Kernel is
newer than the newest series with which VMware is supported. It may not
work. ...continue?"

Well, if I continue the machine crashes totally, only a hard reset
helps. OK, there was a thread about this problem once ago. I'll search
the archives.

Thanks for your advice.

Peter