[Core2Test3] Installation - No Fedora Core CD

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon May 31 20:17:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:45:52PM -0700, Alan wrote:
> Just wondering if it is worth my time.  (Since I will have to grab the
> cd ISOs instead of the DVD one I already have.)

The pci=off crash was fixed.

> It would be nice to me able to use something other than Redhat 7.3 on my
> Sony Vaio 505ve.  (Hacked far beyond warranty.)

RH8/9/FC1/FC2 should all work on it.

You need the pci=off just for the initial install to work around the vanishing
CD-ROM drive problem. Fixing that requires someone writes IDE controller hot
unplugging support for 2.6. That isn't trivial to do although 2.6 finally makes
it practicable.

Alan