Kudos to whomever worked on the synaptics touchpad driver !

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Nov 1 06:31:06 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 11:04 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:
> I'm using the new synaptics touchpad driver on my HP ZD7280.  It works
> very, very well, better than it does in Windows.  The scroll function is
> really handy.

And now that we've got the synaptics code team happy, can I bug y'all to
PLEASE remove the dependency whereby rhpl requires synaptics?

Since up2date and yum and some other very useful stuff require synaptics
in RC5, and since synaptics requires an xorg-x11 package which in turn
requires some other stuff, I've got 40MB of cruft on a minimal install
(including cups... what the heck does cups have to do with this?) that I
cannot remove nicely thanks to synaptics.

I'm sure I would love the functionality too if I had one of these
drives... but if I don't, why am I stuck with it?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>