Gnome can not start

Darek Borkowski bednar007 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 08:28:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

there are MANY ways to reach point where gnome does not load ofter
logging in gdm. This problem is of the HIGHEST SEVERITY, as it
dissallow any gnome using. The problem was signalized by me in few
times bugzilla.redhat.com, but it seems all those bugs remain as NEW
?!?!
(bug numbers 134169, 134212, 136081, 137778, 124078)

I found some (brutal force) methods to deal with problem. One of them
is removing ~/.gnome2/session (editing this file deos not help).
Another method is removing whole ~/.gnome2 directory.

Where are gnome-session developers. Is this so hard to add some time
of software watchdog waiting for loaded gnome. If the gnome deos not
load then restart gnome session with default parameters. Now the user
have to remove some config files by hand. Many of users does not even
know where are these files.

Darek Borkowski