NetworkManager Issues

Amitabha Roy royamitabha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 15:47:36 UTC 2004

Latest rawhide networkmanager is now asking for a password for a
wireless network
which I know is not encrypted!

It does this several times and then connects normally (after I get rid
of the password
window). However, the applet still shows a lock next to the network name
which implies that it thinks it is still a WEP enabled network.

What gives ?

Btw, can someone please tell me how to run NetworkManagerInfo on gnome startup
automatically, rather than open up a console and run NetworkManagerInfo ?

Amitabha

Console Messages on running NetworkManagerInfo

Forcing device '/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/eth1' and
network 'RoamAbout Default Network Name' without passphrase
nm_device_wireless_network_exists () looking for network 'RoamAbout
Default Network Name'...  found! (encrypted)

But it isn't encrypted!

NetworkManager-gnome-0.3.1-3
NetworkManager-0.3.1-3