ipw2100 drivers?

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Nov 3 14:34:44 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 17:26 -0500, John Burton wrote:
> Greetings again,
> Originally on this Compaq nx7000 laptop, I had PClinuxOS installed. It
> had an ipw2100 driver for centrino wireless (as well as an ntfs driver).
> I installed FC3-RC1 on it last week. Slowly getting everything figured
> out (will wait until I get the FC3 release before bothering with NTFS).
> One question I had, will there be an ipw2100 wireless network driver
> included in the FC3 final release?

I don't believe so.  They aren't in the upstream kernel, so therefore
they won't be in the Fedora Core kernel.  Fedora could package just the
drivers, but Fedora _can't_ package the firmware that you need to be
able to use the card, since the firmware isn't "free" as in OSS, same as
Debian.

Livna's repository would probably have them though if they don't
already.

Dan