Destroyed x.org

achoens at frontiernet.net achoens at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 3 15:56:53 UTC 2004

This may be quite a bit more serious than I suspected.  No matter what I
do, the rhgb client tries to start to, but adding sigle to the kernel
arguments did succeed in getting me a command prompt.

I then went to:

/var/cache/yum/development/packages

and tried to:

rpm -Uvh --force xorg*6.8.1-6*

I thought this would fix all my woes.  Instead, it made the mystery even
deeper.  I was told that /usr/lib/libpopt.so.0 has invalid ELF headers.

I tried booting this was twice to see if somehow the kernel had any
affect on this, although I couldn't see how it could.  I used the
kernel that came with T2 and the latest one yum downloaded yesterday.
Same result either way.

It would appear that yum trashed more than just my x setup.

If anyone has any ideas I sure would like to hear them.

--andy