apache problem?

Franz Hoffmann frh at gmx.de
Fri Nov 5 10:56:09 UTC 2004

Hello everybody,

I have been trying very hard to make apache run. Welcome page, manual, even
phpMyAdmin run fine, but I can't get the UserDir to work, that is
http://127.0.0.1/~user/

Whatever I do, all I get is a 403 Forbidden error, and a error log entry
like " [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission denied: access to /~user/
denied". The permissions are ok.

This is a fc3t3-System with httpd-2.0.52-3

This might well be my mistake, but I start to think it could also be a bug
(or maybe a SELinux feature?). I installed the official apache from source
this morning and now everything is runnung fine.

Could anybody please verify this?