Public SPEC files please

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Nov 6 00:34:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 00:19:39 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:

> > And why are we discussing this when we wait for official Fedora Extras
> > anyway?
>
> Ok. That would be an acceptable answer. Instead of disputing everything I
> say something like this I can live with.

Hmm, you didn't even ask about status updates from the Fedora merger
front. And as you know, I'm not the fedora.us spokesman, so you would
be asking the wrong person. ;) Although, I thought the information in
my first reply in this thread was enough of a hint.

> Any dates attached to it ?

Not being the spokesman of fedora.us or Fedora Extras, I'm not in the
know. There is a sporadical flow of information, but no schedule. Only
plans. I posted my feelings somewhere else and don't want to repeat
that here.

> My request is not (necessarily) about packages that are derived from mine.
> My query is about being able to follow any development that interest me.
> To be able to quickly compare eg. the latest fedora.us SPEC, together with
> the latest Mandrake SPEC, PLD SPEC or openpkg SPEC.

How often do I need to repeat myself? Such a thing does not exist at
fedora.us unlike at rpm.livna.org. The CVS server was never really
used for live-development except for a small set of packages. Nobody
pushed forward the development of the infrastructure and necessary
policies. Either nobody had the time or interest. Or everybody hoped
that a miracle would happen and Fedora Project infrastructure would
appear much sooner. And as a normal contributor one could follow
activity with yum by monitoring the "pending" repository, by watching
the UPDATE and PUBLISH queues, and by mirroring the allspecs tarball.

> http://svn.rpmforge.net/svn/trunk/rpms/

Which was filled some time this year and has not been used earlier.
Similar to bugzilla.atrpms.net, it doesn't seem to be linked at your
repository's web site and not at freshrpms.net either. Talking about
more transparency...

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.649
loadavg: 1.09 1.76 2.70