warning to list

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Sun Nov 7 03:53:10 UTC 2004

On Die, 2004-10-26 at 00:06 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> That is an unfortunate error of judgement on their part. Let's not
> compound it by advocating the fundamentally flawed snake oil which is
> SPF in an inappropriate forum.

Since you unfortunately decided to prolong the discussion about this
subject, what is your problem with SPF?

It does exactly what it was designed to do: (ab)use existing DNS
infrastructure to designate hosts allowed to send mail on behalf of a
specific domain.

If everyone would use it and domain registries stop to accept bogus
registrations we could sue the spammers and/or block their domains.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

We are tied to the ocean. And we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or
to watch it we are going back from whence we came. - John F. Kennedy