Simultaneous use of mouse and touchpad [Re: Synaptics Touchpad tool source available]

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 7 19:20:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 07:41, Kim Lux wrote:
> I'd also love to run both the touchpad and a USB mouse at the same time.
> I like using the touchpad for quick, little mouse tasks, without taking
> my hands from the keyboard.  I like using the USB mouse for bigger
> things.

I agree - and this just works for me. If you plug in a USB mouse, what
happens? On my notebook with a Synaptics touchpad both the touchpad and
the mouse work when I plug in the mouse.

If it doesn't work for you, I'm wondering if the computer's BIOS is
doing something "interesting". In that case maybe dmesg output might
contain some interesting clues (i.e. perhaps the touchpad actually gets
disconnected automatically).

Cheers,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University