MAKEDEV

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 01:16:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm still trying to find the problem with the mitsumi floppy + 8 way
card reader

(http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/storage/productView.htm?
quicklinx=2SRJ for the spec)

The floppy works, just the card readers don't.

The reader connects to the motherboard via a USB 9 pin plug. Nothing
shows in /sbin/lsusb though (I'm not sure it would). I have a second
card reader which plugs into the USB ports at the back which has been a
PITA to get working (I eventually had to manually
add /dev/sda1 /mnt/cardreader into fstab when I played with  it under
FC1).

I know the drive works (I've had it going on the dark side), but can't
get anything to register.

I did try (as su) /dev/MAKEDEV /dev/sda1, but that just reported that
MAKEDEV didn't know what sda1 is!

Any ideas on this and I'd love to get the card reader working.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer