Where O where has my Kernel source gone.

Vladimir G. Ivanovic vladimir at acm.org
Wed Nov 10 20:49:38 UTC 2004

>>>>> "af" == Andrew Farris <fedora at andrewfarris.com> writes:

    af> That, along with setting one little boolean 0 to a 1 in the kernel
    af> specfile will give you the source code if you really need it.  For most
    af> external drivers, you don't.

Exactly what does setting "%define buildsource 1" get you? I didn't do
this and I found a source tree in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD after
executing:

  rpm -ivh kernel-$(uname -r).src.rpm
  cd `rpm --eval "%_topdir"`
  rpmbuild -bb --target=noarch SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec

This source tree can easily be moved to /usr/src. Then it looks
exactly like the kernel-sourcecode RPMs did.

--- Vladimir

--
Vladimir G. Ivanovic                      http://leonora.org/~vladimir
Palo Alto, CA 94306                                    +1 650 678 8014