Features for FC4

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Thu Nov 11 12:50:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 12:37 +0000, Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 November 2004 18:47, Mark Haney wrote:
> > I know it's probably a bit early, but does anyone have a
> > comprehensive set of features/ideas for FC4?  So far FC3 is by far
> > the best distro out there, but surely there's been some thought to
> > what's next.  Plus, I'd love to help out with it in any way I can,
> > but time prohibits real development, is there any need for
> > documentation?
> >

> "Best distro out there" It's been out for 4 days and so far there have
> been at least 103 package upgrades. This sound to me like it was
> released too early ;-)

well.... most of it is minor fixes that weren't allowed in due to the
freeze, and the developer had done the work anyway so decided to just
push out the bugfix...

the alternative is to leave the bug in; which would you prefer ?

(and before you say "then delay the release"... there will ALWAYS be
non-critical bugs, if you wait for that you will never get a release)