Jabber Server on FC3 (Was: Re: Features for FC4)

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Thu Nov 11 14:22:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:04 +0100, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> you're right, Arjan.
>
> But what i really would like to see is a jabber-server within this distro, it would make life much easier :-)
> preferably of course jabber 2 & the most-used transports (aim, icq, irc, msn, yahoo...)...

Same here! I'm about to load a Jabber server on a new FC3 system we
built yesterday. I have no idea where to start. Any tips/pointers to
FAQs and how-to's would be greatly appreciated. This will be an
internal, private messaging system, so we could get away with the basic
transports.

> it would also be nice, if FC4 could cook some coffee for me, while installing it ;-)

Could you also have it slice, dice and make those awesome "Julian fries"
like those Ronco gadgets do on TV? :)

Cheers,

Chris

--