Why don't you guys like synaptic?

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 16:11:38 UTC 2004

I've been a Synaptic user for a long time. To address your specific
issue, try looking for fedora.us apt repositories. Several times I've
done Synaptic upgrades that have made the red flashing exclamation point
(that's "screamer" in the UK) disappear.

One problem I have is that the atrpms repos sometimes produce conflicts
with regular Fedora Core repos, so I have to wait a week for the
conflicts to resolve. That's happened twice in the last four weeks.

Other than that, I would encourage the Fedora developers to develop a
port of Synaptic to Fedora Core and distribute it with the OS. Failing
that, however, you can always install it yourself.

Temlakos