FC3 Final: no sound

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Thu Nov 11 17:12:05 UTC 2004

We had this argument last week.  UPGRADES ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK !
UPGRADES ARE NOT AN EXCUSE FOR SOMETHING NOT WORKING !

Arangel: I wouldn't re install Linux.  Someone gave me the upgrade
excuse when I had a sound problem.  I re installed and it didn't make
any difference.

I had a sound problem with a laptop with an intel-8x0m device.

I added snd-intel8x0m to /etc/hotplug/blacklist and rebooted.

I went to the KDE->ControlCenter->Sound & Multimedia-> Sound System-
>Enable.

Then I went to KDE->System Settings->Soundcard Detection.  It detected
my soundcard and it has worked ever since.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc