FC3 disappointment: KsCD locks system; grip; CDROM in general.

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 17:16:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 09:59 -0700, Kim Lux wrote:

> BTW: If you don't run FC, what are you supposed to run ?  I don't like
> SUSE with its yast stuff.  I am not going to run debian.  RH8,9 and FC1
> are abandoned.  About the only other mainstream Linux is Mandrake.  I
> like the way RH does things, so I run FC3.  I am an advanced user, but
> what about joe average user ?  Maybe that is what whitebox Linux is
> for.

Well, from Red Hat there's Red Hat Professional Workstation, sold at
your local computer store (at least they have it at Fry's...) The one in
the stores now is pretty much RHEL 3 but without very much of a support
contract. Fedora (by design) pretty much has to be a platform for people
who to some extent know what they are doing.

Cheers,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>