Problem with DVD iso for Core 3

steve_dum at mentorg.com steve_dum at mentorg.com
Fri Nov 12 19:20:22 UTC 2004

In message <41947C2D.1080903 at t-online.de>you write:
>Drosos Kourounis schrieb:
>
>> Hi all!
>> I just downloaded twice from different mirrors the FEDORA Core 3
>> DVD iso image and I noticed that there is a problem with that thing!
>>
>> I begin installation I press Ok to the questions about "us" and the=20
>> other one, but when I am asked which type of installation do I prefer
>> CDROM, FTP, HTTP, NFS ... I choose of course CDROM.
>>
>> Then it says that the FEDORA software CDROM is not inserted in the=20
>> CDROM drive! I tried that in many different PCs and I get the same
>> problem so it is not a problem with my PC.
>>
>> Did any one of you have the same problem!
>>
>> please let the people who are responsible for the distribution
>> to fix that!
>>
>> Regards!
>> Drosos.

same here.
Sometimes I get can't recognize CDROM drive, sometimes it's ok.
I was able to have the booted image do a checksum check of the dvd and it
   passed ok.
It was ever so helpful - on a few occasions to start the update,
   remove old kernel's, install the new one, then Die in the middle on
   some random rpm with a cdrom read error.  If you tried
   to continue the process, after one  or two tries it would read that package
   and then fail on another.  Eventually it would lock up the whole system.
I was previously running FC1 and FC1 had no issues reading or writing dvd's,
so I don't think the hardware suddenly broke.

steve