Features for FC4

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sat Nov 13 15:02:19 UTC 2004

I'd like to see a firewall tool added to FC4.  I use FWBuilder.  I know
that iptables can be set manually, but I use FWBuilder on every machine
we have.  It is a pain to download and install it on every machine.  I
think it is a very handy application, for those of us not working with
firewalls every day.

The other thing I add to every machine is synaptic, but we have already
had that discussion.

Another app that a lot of technical people are looking for is CAD.  I've
been using qcad and find the latest release (2.0.4+) to be a very good
replacement for AutoCAD, although it doesn't do 3D and some of the
advanced stuff.  If the qcad developers had just a bit more help, they
would have a killer app on their hands in technical circles.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc