Features for FC4

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Nov 13 22:45:40 UTC 2004

A minority view, I guess.

I don't want to see any new packages.
I would like to see more effort devoted to making sure
the current packages work properly,
with minimal documentation.

I've just upgraded to FC-3 on a number of machines.

The serial mouse did not work on one machine.
X did not work on my laptop (Sony C1VFK)
despite a 6 month old patch in Xorg bugzilla.
System Settings=>Network does not set up Profiles properly.
My laptop CD drive (Sony CD51) is not supported,
though it worked under Redhat-8.0.

If I want a way-out program I'm happy to look for an RPM
and if I don't find it to compile the program.

But otherwise I just want a quiet life without surprises.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366