update fedora under installation

Mark Derricutt mark at talios.com
Sun Nov 14 17:53:09 UTC 2004

Phil Schaffner wrote:

>>what about including an internet update of fedora under installation.
> Sounds like a good candidate for a firstboot RFE, rather than anaconda.

It could auto-discover other repositories maybe, from the main list for
joe-random-user it could include fedora-core and fedora-extras
repositories, but under an "advanced" selection ( maybe like the initial
package selection of "let me choose from each and every package in the
world" it could auto-discover/list from a central "repository of
repositories" the likes of say freshrpms, dag's, dries, jpackage etc. etc.

mmm