Features for FC4

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 00:29:52 UTC 2004

joelbryan wrote:
> In the anaconda installer for grub, it says "DOS" for Microsoft
> Windows, and "Fedora Core" for Linux. Is there's a way to detect the
> foreign OS so it would not end up saying "DOS" as a label.

You can edit the label during initial installation. Mine said Other with
no changes made to the label during installation.

Highlight the DOS installation, then choose edit and change it to
whatever you wish. XP, W2K, dozer or whatever you wish to call your
other installation.

In my view, for grub to detect the specific OS type would be a
challenge. Maybe if it detects NTFS it could default to NT and if it
detects VFAT32, it would default to Windows and FAT16 for DOS. User
interaction, instead of depending upon the installer to detect the
foreign OS seems like a better selection.

Jim