Installing Xine

Diahron Grismore diahron at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 01:14:00 UTC 2004

I use the source to install Xine.  In earlier versions I used the RPM's
and they worked fine.  After FC3T3 Xine did not install and work
properly with RPM's, so I went to source code.  I thought it still
wasn't working until I changed GUI's from GNOME to KDE. I was getting
errors under Gnome, I logged out and logged back in using KDE and it all
works.  It was also easier to install it into the menus under KDE.
Instead of using command line for Xine I installed it into my menu and
just click on it from there when I want to watch DVD's.