FC3 Server: "x" respawning too fast error

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Mon Nov 15 02:20:30 UTC 2004

I just installed FC3 server.  It first booted up in init level 3.
I logged in as root.  I ran "init 5" so that I could set a few things
up.

I am getting the following error message:

INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes.

Computer details: AMD/512 MB RAM/Nvidia/Logitech wireless keyboard and
mouse plugged into their respective PS/2 ports.  Mouse didn't work
during installation.

I can't get another session started with ctrl <anything>.  Any ideas ?

Is this an X problem ?  Should I move the keyboard and mouse to the USB
port ?

--
Kim Lux (Mr.)  Diesel Research Inc