Slashdot is discussing "FC3: worthwhile or not ?"

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 15 18:23:56 UTC 2004

On 11/15/2004 08:45:54 AM, Kim Lux wrote:
> Ouch: "Basically, what I'm saying is I fail to see where FC stands
> out
> above other distributions that would make me want to use it. Granted,
> after the general buginess I experienced with FC2, I may be biased,
> but
> the whole point is the fact that I wasn't having similar issues with
> the
> other distributions, so why should I have to put up with them with
> FC?"

People who post stuff like that rarely can identify what their issue
was. Last *serious* redhat/fedora problem I can recall was the gcc 2.96
thing. Oh - and RH8 shipped with a gnome that would go crazy if you
made your panel go vertical or added a vertical drawer.

9 time out 10 when I have come across a seriously messed up system, I
find that the user has replaced half of the vendor supplied stuff with
3rd party (less or no QA) replacements, forced installed stuff opposed
to resolving dependencies, etc.

And of course - there are always the slashdot trolls - who post just to
get reactions.