Strange Evolution/Xorg Combination

Miguel Pereira Leite mpleite at ppl-ti.com
Tue Nov 16 17:19:13 UTC 2004

Hi there.

I'm some kind of newbie, but..

I've FC3 final full updated ( but openoffice.org)

My xorg is in cinerama mode:
------
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Multihead layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
        Screen      1  "Screen1" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        Option      "Xinerama" "on"
        Option      "Clone" "off"
EndSection
-------

my graphics cards are 1 Nvidia TNT 2 and 1 Sis 315 (ok, they are ugly,
but i work mostly with text)

Everything works fine. But when i'm in Evolution and try to reply an e-
mail or to write a new mail, the X server goes full speed and "heats"
all available CPU and the machine gets freezed for some time (10, 15
seconds).

Did anyone seen this before? what can i do to help you understand what
is going on?

mpleite