Lost hard drivers

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Nov 16 11:21:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 21:52 -0800, JERRY WHITMIRE wrote:
> Hi  Jerry here
> I guess i needed to explain where i lost the hard drives it is not in the
> boot up they were on Kde. and
> Gnome desktop.  my Fedora 3 test 3 boots fine. these drives are in the boot
> up grub config.file.
> I can boot to them from there. Have did a fresh install and have mounted the
> drives and am trying to get it updated again. That is the hard part.
> Thanks to all of the people that help so for it is very helpful.
> Is there away to get the lost hard drivers back to Ked. and Gnome desktop
> after an upgrade of Fedora core 3 test 3  lost the drives again after update
> ? Or can someone tell me where i can get the info to get them back  on my
> desktop hdb Windows Xp. AND hdc extra space. They are both fat 32 so it will
> see
> them THANKS AGAIN.

Still seems to be some less-than-full communications here.  Not clear
what "hdb Windows Xp. AND hdc extra space" means.  Sounds like you are
able to get all the fat partitions mounted but just can't get the icons
on the user's desktop.  I that the case?

Are you still running FC3test3?  If so, a fresh FC3 install might be the
way to go as you seem to have done a fresh (FC3t3 install?) once anyway.
These questions would then be better directed to fedora-list.  Won't get
much help on test from an obsolete test version.

Phil