freshrpms.net and mp3/dvd playback

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Nov 18 06:31:33 UTC 2004

On 11/17/2004 05:31:12 PM, Aaron Scott wrote:

> if you install those listed libraries and a DVD capable player
> ( Xine, Totem, mplayer, ogle ) you should be pretty much there.

I believe the totem with Fedora has dvd playback disabled.
The GStreamer plugins for libdvdread/libdvdnav read and load - but I
think the upstream GStreamer backend developer has disabled dvd
playback in totem, I can't get it to work (I have gotten it to work in
older GStreamer backend totem) and the ChangeLog seems to indicate it
has been disabled currently, I'm guessing some of the major hacking
that went on with it broke it.

But totem-xine can play dvd's.
I don't use that, but I do use ogle - it works well, you can get it
from rpm.livna.org