Fedora Firstboot Enhancements

joelbryan joelbryanster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 00:12:20 UTC 2004

Firstboot will try to get the most information about how the user
wants the system to be setup. I think enhancing Firstboot will make a
lot of improvements to setting up system-wide changes affecting to all
the users. Firstboot setup will make the system more easier to use,
since they don't have to think about setting up the printers, the
scanners, the ISP, since it's all configured and ready for use using
Firstboot.

Here are the list I believe should be asked in Firstboot.

1. Printers & Scanners
2. Network ISP's for PPPoe (DSL, Broadband)
3. Up2Date Software Updates
4. Login Preferences (Facebrowser, Network Login)