bugzilla misses cdrecord?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:09:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:34:34 -0200, Alexandre Strube
<surak at casa.surak.eti.br> wrote:
> I don't know if its the right place to post this, (probably not), but
> the fact is I'm trying to post a bug against fc3's cdrecord (which
> belongs to the package cdrecord-2.01.1-5), but cdrecord is not at easy
> list: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/easy_enter_bug.cgi

the component you need to file against is cdrtools which is the name
of the source rpm that cdrecord package is built from. There are
several examples of this sort of thing where one src.rpm builds
several different binary packages.
You'll notice that mkisofs is built from the same cdrtools src.rpm. A
little confusing, but the general rule of thumb is the components in
bugzilla  are the name of the src.rpm's and not the binary rpms.

for example on my fc3 system
rpm -qi cdrecord
Source RPM: cdrtools-2.01.1-5.src.rpm

rpm -qi mkisofs