Fedora Core 2.92 Test 3 (86_64) on reiserfs

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Tue Nov 23 01:09:06 UTC 2004

On Sunday 31 October 2004 05:58, dirk.nissen at tiscali.be wrote:
> When I was trying to upgrade my Fedora to Fedora Core 2.92 Test 3 (86_64),
> the program blocked.
> My root directory is on a reiserfs filesystem. Other distributions are
[...]
> Using a "linux reiserfs" commandline after the bootcd had started up didn't
> change anything.

Try "linux reiserfs selinux=0".  Fedora Core 3 defaults to having SE Linux
enabled, but ReiserFS does not work properly with SE Linux so you have to
disable SE Linux if you want to use ReiserFS.

I am not sure whether this applies to upgrades (it definately applies for a
fresh install).  Try it out and let us know if it doesn't solve the problem.