Evolution Mime Attachments.....

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Tue Nov 23 08:04:30 UTC 2004

Am Montag, den 22.11.2004, 20:54 -0500 schrieb Dan Williams:
> There's going to be another redhat-menus package for FC3-updates
> tomorrow, and a new build of OOo tomorrow that should fix the remaining
> issues with OOo documents and Evolution/nautilus.

Just another question about file types:

If I inspect e.g /usr/share/applications/totem.desktop totem is
registered for mp3 files, but actually isn't able to handle those files
appropriately. Same is true for rhythmbox.desktop. Wouldn't it be
appropriate to remove those file types?

Actually, if I edit those files and remove mp3, the programs still show
up in other applications ("Open with", if I right-click on an mp3-file
icon).

And just a question:

If there are several programs which can handle e.g mp3 files, where can
I specify, which is the default one (and is listed first in its context
menue)?

Thanks
Peter