Laptop suddenly turned off

Glen Staufer alaxsxaq at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:41:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:55:47 +0100, Darek Borkowski <bednar007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some problems sinc FC3test2. With every kernel since test2
> sometimes laptop plugged to AC outlet or battery supplied turns off.
> It works at random times, but today, after upgrading to
> 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
>  the laptop turned off 4 times in 1 hour. It is too much.
> I've just been working in gnome (configuring sound or network) when it
> took place.
> How to fight this? I have now FC3 final (clean install).

Check if your system fan is working correctly.  I've been having
problems with my system fan running full blast since going to FC3
final and have been using the fan control program to set the fan low
manually after boot.  Fiddling around with the program settings, I set
the fans off unintentionally.   A while later, the system shut off
without warning when the CPU temp got too high.

Glenn