No sound on FC2 to FC3T3 update... artsd going nuts

Steve Watford stevew at aui.com
Mon Nov 29 20:39:43 UTC 2004

Did you ever resolve this with your laptop?  I am getting exactly the same
errors and experience with a new laptop I just purchased.  I never had FC2 on
this laptop before, it was a clean install of FC3.  Didn't throw any errors
during the install, but I get the same cpu overload with artsd going nuts
until it shuts itself down.

output from /sbin/lspci:
 00:1f:.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82891DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

Mine is basically a KDE install. Pretty generic but KDE not Gnome.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve