Recent Documents refresh problem

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 07:59:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:31, John MacLean wrote:
> Hi,
> Having a problem with the Recent Documents off the main menu.
>
> Using gedit, OO.org apps, and whatnot update ~/.recently-used in a
> timely manner. However the 'Recent Documents' doesn't get updated
> (present test at 20 minutes).
> Running the file browser seems to trigger an immediate update.
>
> Selecting 'Clear Recent Documents' sets ~/.recently-used to 0 bytes but
> the menu not updated. Again the file browser triggers an update.
>
> What component would I bugzilla this against?

	If you have gamin installed and you see gam_server running etc. and its
a recent version of gamin (at least 0.0.8 or later AFAIK), then please
log a bug against gamin.

	Don't do anything to try and work-around the problem yet. Daniel is
very eager to help people debug definite cases of problems with gamin so
that he can fix them.

Cheers,
Mark.