[bugweek] Synaptics testing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 1 16:58:47 UTC 2004

Paul Nasrat wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 07:12 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>>Paul Nasrat wrote:
>>
>>>The synaptics changes to rhpl have been merged since 0.146-1, I've not
>>>had any reports on how it's been recieved.
>>>

>>I still have psmouse.proto=imps in the grub.conf file. Tapping and the
>>scrollbar work with this command.
>

> Yes but this will dis

Then I'll setup a boot option to boot w/o proto in it.

>>I have synaptics-0.13.5-5 installed, but don't know how to setup
>>xorg.conf manually. A previous attempt configuring made X not startup.
>

> system-config-display --reconfig should set up, as should anaconda.  I'm
> aware that you have other issues with this atm.  Was this a fresh
> install?

I believe this was a severn installation, then skipping devel after
installing FC1, then upgraded to FC2 and finally trying FC3T2.

I'll backup the xorg.conf, then try the s-c-display --reconfig and see
if things get setup correctly for the Synaptics touchpad.

The issues w/ anaconda and s-c-display are on a different machine. This
one should reconfig safely. Setting 24 depth is the killer for the HP
with the VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility
U1 Graphics controller.

>>grep Synaptics /proc/bus/input/devices
>>N: Name="ImPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
>

> I should have asked for the full output of this file, as some laptops
> report two pointers (one for the nipple).
>
> Paul

  cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0002 Product=0005 Version=0000
N: Name="ImPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio1/input0
H: Handlers=mouse0 event0
B: EV=7
B: KEY=70000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: REL=103

I: Bus=0011 Vendor=0001 Product=0001 Version=ab41
N: Name="AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
P: Phys=isa0060/serio0/input0
H: Handlers=kbd event1
B: EV=120003
B: KEY=4 2000000 3802078 f840d001 f2ffffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: LED=7

Jim

--
You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!