dbus-daemon segfault w/ today's update

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Oct 1 21:23:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

-62 seems to have the problem, and it is a glibc issue (the Unknown user
stuff) which triggered a problem in dbus.  We fixed the dbus issue which
was causing the crash, but 'nscd' is still returning bad info to dbus
which causes the Unknown user thing.  Uli supposedly fixed the
glibc/nscd issue, but we wont' know until we are able to build a glibc
with the fix and test it out.

Dan