FC3test1: X / display hangs after overnight inactivity

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 02:14:55 UTC 2004

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> fre, 01.10.2004 kl. 15.28 skrev Mike Klinke:
>
>>On Friday 01 October 2004 07:58, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
>>

>>>How many here agrees that having one boring default screensaver
>>>would be the best?
>>>
>>>Kyrre
>>>

>>Personnally, I like a variety on those admittedly few times that I
>>even enable the screesaver.  Heck, I even rotate my desktop images
>>every 45 minutes between the current daily images from "Astronomy
>>Picture of the Day", "National Geographic Picture of the Day" and
>>"EarthScience Picture of the Day". So I guess my preference would
>>be no screesavers enabled by default but it's awfully easy to
>>change to whatever your preferences dictate.
>>
>>Regards, Mike Klinke
>

> Try changing the default screensaver of 500 users...

With the fc3t1 clean installation that I performed recently, the
screensaver was set to blank the screen.

Regarding the resource hungry screensavers, they impress those that are
not familiar with Linux. Running another "windows has it too"
application just gets an "oh" type of response.

I think that hardware ought to be able to take the extra stressing
without falling out. The don't run certain apps because they'll kill
your server do not seem to be methods that should have to be resorted to.

Changing 500 users screensavers does not sound like a task that I'd
enjoy. :-)

Jim

--
You had mail, but the super-user read it, and deleted it!