FC3test1: X / display hangs after overnight inactivity

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Oct 2 11:48:21 UTC 2004

Ahh thanks.

Ill try it, but i think i try creating a "sane defaults" user, (with
some special shortcuts on the desktop, changing the default startpage
etc etc), put it in my little special skel folder, and copying that to
all the users.

Somone mentioned: Its to impress those who nevers saw Linux before.

Sure, its very impressing - or would be if most installs came with
gl-accelrated graphics out-of-the-box. And *very* little impressing when
it crashes your "incrashable" Linux pc (seems like it happens on _some_
computers due to bad drivers crashing the card or something).

And then the was the "GLsnake" discussion on fedora-users-list a while
ago.

So in my opinion: include all the _great_ screensavers, but don't turn
them on by default. Then those who are so lucky to have an
out-of-the-box supported ATI or the "evil" nvidia-drivers, can surely
find their way to turn'em back on.

Now if mesa indirect only had been really fast...

To the person mentioning just killing of the gl screensavers: how would
that affect rpm? And what would happen when an update is pushed to the
repository?

Kyrre