SysVinit unpack error?

Robert Wilkens robw at optonline.net
Sat Oct 2 11:18:04 UTC 2004

Greetings,

Last night I installed Fedora Core 3 Test 2 with a "minimal installation".  This included no GUI or most of the standard tools.  I updated the basic set of tools to get me a Gnome Desktop installed with up2date command-line.

Anyway, Now that it's installed, many packages, such as evolution, want to install SysVinit.. Specifically, SysVinit-2.85.33.i386.rpm .. When I try to install that (ignoring GPG Keys, because NONE of them work for me), I get an unpack error, specifically, "There was a RPM unpack error installing the package: SysVinit-2.85.33".  This prevents a number of libraries and applications from installing.

Is this a known issue on this list?  At Red-Hat?

Thanks,
Rob Wilkens