some questions regarding FC3t2 release notes

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 2 14:34:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 02:49:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> 4) regarding space required for installation:
>
> "... Minimum for graphical: 192MB ..."
>
> "... However, due to the necessity of containing the installer image in
> RAM, only systems with more than 128MB of RAM (or systems booted from
> CD-ROM 1, which contains the installer image) can use the graphical
> installer."
>
>   and the correct minimum value would be ... ?

I've always taken this to mean that you need 192 megs for acceptable
performance for a graphical system (that is a system with X installed),
but that you need 128 megs to run the graphical installer.

128 megs is minimum to use graphical installer.
192 recommended minimum to run a graphical system.
It's not tremendously clear, but that's the way I've always read it.

I've done graphical installs (of FC2) on a system with 64 megs of memory
before, though. I haven't tried it with FC3 test, yet.