yum 2.1.4-1 broken?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sun Oct 3 02:01:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 21:00, seth vidal wrote:

[snip]

> This is bizarre. I can't duplicate this behavior at all. I'm going to
> try with intentionally corrupted rpms and see if I can get it to happen.

  But isn't the fetching of headers done even before the rpms themselves
are even looked at?  If so, corrupt rpms aren't likely to reproduce the
problem.
  This may be a little off the wall, but what kind of firewall, if any,
are you behind?  I'm behind an FC2 IP masquerading firewall.  What about
others that are having the problem?  Maybe me pulling the repo onto my
side of the firewall is what's making the problem go away for some
really weird reason.
  Unfortunately, I can't currently do any more testing of this problem
because I'm completely up to date, so yum just returns telling me that.
I'll try again Monday when there are more updates and if I get the
problem again, I'll see if I can move my test box to one of my public
IPs and try the yum update again.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator