Curious directory move

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Oct 3 14:08:28 UTC 2004

I just upgraded my laptop to FC3-test2
and found one odd feature which I don't understand.

I'm running uucp,
and the uucp config and other files are in /etc/uucp
which I take to be the standard place for them.

For some reason, under FC3-test2 uucico looks for
/usr/conf/uucp/config (as I found with strace).
When I symbolically linked this to /etc/uucp/config
all went well.

But I am baffled by this change.
Has there been some general move of config files to /usr/conf/ ?
I don't recall this directory ever existing before.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366