Pam problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 16:20:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > The first user to use the soundcard keeps it. No-one else can use the
> > soundcard.
>
> Even after the first user logs out?  Or are you doing a login and then
> using something like gdmflexiserver to spawn a new concurrent session?

Version 1.

User 1 logs in, uses xmms, logs out
User 2 logs in, xmms reports soundcard blocked

Version 2.

User 1 logs in, uses xmms, logs into a couple of consoles (use
bittorrent, do an update and something else). Logs out
User 2 logs in, xmms reports soundcard blocked.

What should happen is for version 1, user 2 should gain control over the
soundcard. Not sure what should happen for version 2, but I think once
user 1 has logged out of the X session, then user 2 should gain
permission. Failing that, everyone should have access at all times to
the soundcard.

TTFN

Paul
--
Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?